Saturday, June 5, 2010

Relay for Life...

'Dear Grandma, when I lit those flames, I thought of you...'

Yesterday was Relay for Life. It never occurred to me before the reason for me being so enthusiastic about getting involved in this programme.
I felt like there was a reason why I was linked to it.
After yesterday, I realised the reason why.
Cancer is sickness that tears and separates the loved ones away. Cancer is painful and if only people knew the pain undergone.
When I watched my friends sending messages to their loved ones on the luminiria bags, tears welled up in the pool of my heart. I could sense the pain for the lost of those they have been fighting for to live and love.

If cancer hadn't struck my grandma, she would still be here with me. And I know things would have been different.
When I sent my fire of love, I hope she knows that deep down, I hope to meet her again.

Despite the circumstance, I still pray and hope that other cancer patients who are battling the war will remain strong. My prayer for you is that, you will make it through to be with your loved ones. Life is a gift and a gift, will never be taken away from you if you hold on to it.

This indeed, was a very meaningful event to me. For the previous years, I never got a chance to observe the Luminiria ceremony. But after I did, I know deep down, that hope is always there. Hope to survive; hope to continue to battle, and hope to be reunited with our loved ones again.
My dear grandma, this is for you.

Love,
your granddaughter. xoxo

No comments: