Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Flowing With The River

"Rivers flow towards the sea. If we struggle against the current, we drown. The best thing to do is to follow the stream of where the river flows to."

Life is journey that all of us travel through. I've known as much that there are ups and downs in it.

Lately, I realized that life too resembles a river in life. As a human, we often struggle against the tides and currents; bearing so much fear to survive. We don't realize that the more we struggle, we get swallowed to the point we almost drown. We tend to be over-conscious of our tomorrows that we neglect the beauty embraced in our hands.

I understand now when they say, follow where the tides bring you. From there, we learn to float, to depend on nature where the river streams. We can plan so much, but how do we know where our river leads to? The only thing we can do is to follow and wait.

Through our own strength, we seek and find, but with a strive within. When we learn to rest, that's when we emerge back up to the waters. I've begun to understand from the nature that God has created for us.

Life was not meant to be a struggle. It's meant to be embraced each day. We do the best we can, leaving the rest to God. I look up into the skies during clear nights, counting the starts; all too many, uncountable. I sit by the beach, listening to the tides. The waves bashing against the rocks. Such beautiful nature. I see animals out in the wild, they survive each day, depending on someone more extraordinary than themselves. So I think to myself, if God can take care of these little things, how can He not take care of my future?

Through these journey, I'm anticipating something good for tomorrow. I may fall today, but with the greater One in me, I'll be able to get up again. So what if I fail today, there is a special course set for me. There are people all around us, family, friends who will be there standing beside us while we get up back to our feet. All is left to be done is allowing the river flow towards the set destination.

No comments: