Sunday, August 5, 2012

Dear Little One

'Felt that tiny little heartbeat as you slept soundly in my arms.'

Dear little one,

There's just that little part of everything of you that made me feel like pouring out how I feel today.
I understand now when people say, there's this innocence of the baby that draws love. You're helpless, yet, in this, you have the strength to make one offer protective care and love to you.

Little dear, just one glance at your face makes me wish a thousand times that one day I'll have a little one just like you. The only difference is that this time, I'll know he or she is mine.

You remind me of the way I watched each family member was born after me, giving that I was born first within my immediate family. Watching every birth, I wonder how it feels like to have your very own.

With my own eyes, I've seen how babies bring about good memories. A baby binds the family together.

Little ones like you look so fragile. Holding your tiny little body, feeling every tiny detail of your little vertebrae. They're soft and a single harm could loose you everything. Holding you in my arms made me think and ponder, if you were my very own. I would risks anything to see you protected and unharmed from the threats of the world. To make you stay forever this way and never grow up. Making every possibility to see your tiny yawns, that innocent face. Those red cheeks and fully shut eyes is something I wouldn't forget.

Babies like you are a bundle of joy. Their one of the only reasons that make me smile when I step into the doors of a hospital. You little ones symbolize life, a regeneration of those who have passed on. The tears you cry as a sign of breath, the way you first start living, even I can't deny how you make me smile in the inside. As young as you are, you've already begun the very fight of survival.

Dear baby,
I hope that one day, I'll have you as my very own. People tell me that I plan way ahead, but maybe girls were born with a maternal instinct. They tell me that I'm crazy to want to have you soon. But somehow, I'll always look forward to that one day that I'll be able to embrace you in my arms as my very own.

No comments: