Tuesday, August 28, 2012

My Little Island Called Home

"The days here are numbered, I savour each and every second back here."

It's been rainy for the past few days; clearing the haze. Like, finally! Finally able to see the clear blue skies reflect on the ocean. The trees get really green and it brings that freshness of inspiration to the soul. Yes, the mists at the hill is clearly in sight, reminds me of some kind of mountain view seen on TV.

As I tour around the streets which only vacant after school break, I begin to think of those lovely lights by the street. They seem so real now, but in awhile more, they will fade away into mere memories. Drove around the empty roads and keep wishing the place that I'm going to would at least have a little bit of Penang. But again, every state has its own roads, its own culture.

                                                                      By the Jetty

Spent some time by the beach, allowed the waters to creep to my feet. Warm sea, cold fine-grain sand beneath that drown for each step I take, leaving footprints on the ground. Definitely gonna miss the lovely sunset view, the ones where orange paints the skies horizontally, turning the blue skies purple then to dark where stars began to take lit.





                                                                       Sunset view


I don't know if I'm being biased, but there is one thing noticed. Penang in one way or another has almost a balance of everything. From food, to culture, we have good chill out spots and awesome malls. Gifted by nature, the hills, beaches, and gardens seem to be the only reason for temptation to keep wanting to breathe the outdoor air. A wonderful place to breathe, and relieve all tensions. I don't know if its just me but it seems to be a place that birth inspiration, passion and newly born ideas.

                                                          Penang Hawker delights

Penang isn't just a food heaven. Totally have to admit that it's one of the things that make me so in love with Penang. You can find food at almost every corner at almost every part of the day and we practically live to eat! Penang is almost more than everything I can remember. My home, the place that watched me grow up. Penang, my home of memories. 


                                                              Mural and Street painting



Wonder how things will be like once I get back, cause even though Penang maybe just a tiny turtle island, it holds so much more value than people realize.




                                                         This is the island called home.

No comments: