Friday, October 29, 2010

Reminiscence in SGGS

Just a couple of days ago, I flicked through some magazines. SGGS Prime 2007.SGGS Prime 2008.

I turned on the computer and reviewed our special night in June 2008. Those pretty gowns, those lovely smiles. Some old friends that reminded me of the warmth, those moments how all of us met innocently. How those moments we'd taken for granted during then. We learnt together, bonded during classes. I remember how we used to mimic teacher's behaviours. How we used to plan our outfits for prom and those awesome times we had together. I recall us even having Prom meetings that time! :) That was really something.

Being in high school has taught me so many things. It brought forth responsibility in me. SGGS is where we grew up in. We had projects together which made life tedious but yet; an enjoyable yet hectic time. Many times, we've fallen but our friendships stand strong. Being in SGGS taught me to forgive, to learn, to be open and love.

Friends have educated me so much. From practising to competing, to even planning together knitted us even closer. I understand now what I hadn't many years ago. When we took our first step into SGGS, what a marvel at the achievements our seniors set for us. We were small, and had so much to learn. Now that time has passed, I realised that not only have we cultivated wisdom, courage but also sisterhood that would never die.

Internally, each of us have a bond that we'll never forget from being impaired in the process of growing. We saw each other's weaknesses, but we gave each other room to progress. Sometimes, it is not the bitter moments that stays but the good that retains in our hearts. I wonder how many Georgians out reminiscence those moments every now and then.

I miss you gurls. Its true when they say red is courage. Bravery. Every Georgian is unique, talented. The all-in-one package. I would definitely agree when teachers used to quote this... Cause its so true! Georgians are pure beauty with brains.

Georgian babe..Signing off *blow kisses*

No comments: