Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Special Sisterhood in Friendship


First things first, don't get me wrong; I totally love my sister the most...

I'm talking about a special bond also known as sisterhood but in friendship. It means that someone's like your sister, except that you guys aren't blood tied. But she's more than a friend.

I never knew I'd say this but yes, I think I've finally found my sisterhood after years. They say that friends fight, they cry, and laugh together. Here's one thing you never knew; or perhaps you already do... That most of the times, they may be the ones who knows you best and sometimes, we should already know who would tell us the truth.

Five years ago, at our first gym meet for the year, a girl stepped in. Man, what scared us all was her freaking flexibility! And never did it cross my mind that Ms. Flexible would be my bestie. She still is.. Until now :)

Schooling was hard now and then but the funniest thing is, we ended up working together for somewhat reason I don't know in our first gym competition. She got the music, we planned our routines together. I can't quite remember much but I do recall us snacking in the gym. Sleeping on the mattresses to chill out, then Pn.P (she thinks she owns the gym); would start all about how the gym is meant for exercising and not lazing around. Some weird teacher who can't even do gym, I might add.
I still remember once Mr Ang even mistaken both of us for being sisters. Most people thought we were when we hung out together.

The times which touched me most were the moments when we laughed alot. Reen would get me scrunchies and help me with my hair during competitions. We even planned our competition outfits! Those times were seriously awesome. She helped me out when I lost touch with my beam work, an I still really owe her much of my thanks. :)

Through out these five years, we had our rough patch too. But I guess, we both missed each other. (I didn't think I'll miss a friend any much more than I actually did). It was silent for awhile. Gosh, we both didn't even realise how much we both miss our friendship; chatting together, talking and gossiping for all I remember. Those strengthenings we did together and motivated ourselves despite pure torture.

Some friends are made to be with you through thick and thin. I think I've found mine. Doesn't matter what people think or say. My gym buddy, and bestie; a sisterhood that I've obtained from friendship.

A cloud forms before rain,
A rainbow after a heavy storm,
It seems dark at first,
But then, light is what sparks,
What's more than a friend,
Than the ones that stand by you?
Flowers stand together,
They die as one as well.

Dedicated to Reen.

No comments: